Ever wanted to change something about your husband? An annoying habit? An odd personality trait? Or perhaps you desire that he step up a bit more to take on his God-designed leadership roles in the family? There were a lot of questions I received that seemed to deal with these different things we’d love to change about our husbands. However, it is not our role to change them. Help them? Yes. Encourage them? Absolutely. The ways that we as wives can encourage our husbands will be my theme for this month.
Here is a sarcastic little list I love over at Colleen’s blog, Mommie Daze . This wonderful illustrates what the attitude of changing our husbands will ultimately do.
How To Change Your Husband in 10 Easy Steps
- Find one flaw the drives you particularly crazy, and nag him about it at least once a day. This is most effective when done right before bedtime.
- Throughout the day, keep a list of things to complain to him about, and as soon as he walks in the door go through it with him. Don’t even let him sit down.
- Make sure your needs and desires are met before even thinking about his.
- Don’t ever let him have time to himself. Keep him busy and with you at all times.
- Even if it seems like he’s not listening to you anymore, just keep talking.
- Always be too tired and worn out from work or watching the kids for romance.
- Frequently organize and rearrange his things so that he can’t find them, and throw out the stuff you don’t think he needs anymore.
- Don’t trust him make any decisions. Always second guess him.
- Don’t shave your legs, do your hair or put on make-up. Wear the same ratty sweats around the house every day.
- Compare him to other men you know, and tell him how he doesn’t measure up.
Follow these 10 step carefully, and you too can join the thousands of other woman who have already changed their husbands. Watch as before your very eyes that wonderful, loving husband becomes distant, angry and bitter. Satisfaction not guaranteed!
If you’ve ever found yourself doing these things, or if you just want to be that wife that God calls you to be as a helper and encourager for your husband, follow along this month as we explore some ways we can encourage them to be the men God created them to be…and God divinely designed them to be for us.
© 2011 – 2014, Aimee. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.