In this case, Justin Timberlake & Timbaland said it best….GET YOUR SEXY ON. (Yes, I’m listening to the song right now for inspiration. Don’t worry…it is the edited version and the kids are still napping).
Forget getting my sexy on. Sometimes, I can’t even find my sexy. When did I have it last? I think it was in the last election year.
But, I guarantee you….my sexy is somewhere and so is yours. Maybe it is under a few extra pounds and has a few new stretch marks, but it is there. Your husband won’t care about the few extra pounds or marks. He’ll just be glad to see you feel as sexy as he already knows you are.
- Retrain the Brain! How do you think about sex with your husband? Another chore? Something you give and he gets? Ah, but reminisce for a moment back to your last wonderfully pleasure-filled encounter. (I earnestly pray that each of you have one, no matter how long ago). Remember how relaxed you felt? Remember the blissful sleep that followed? Remember the connection it sparked between you and your husband? Remember how sexy you felt? God made sex for us too ladies. It brings out something that God intends in both us and in our marriages.
- Don’t let Victoria be the only one with a Secret!! Dig out the lingerie. If you had a bridal shower or a honeymoon, you’ve probably got some. Maybe it hasn’t seen the light of day since it came through Customs. If not or if those outfits are 3 sizes ago, then invest in some new things. You can find lingerie to fit every size and every budget. Check out your local Target.
- Shake What the Father Gave You!! We may not look like the girls in the catalog, but God has made each one of us beautiful. Then, He gave us a man who thinks we are the MOST beautiful girl in the world. Flaunt it up! Let that man tell you how beautiful and sexy you are…and then, BELIEVE him!
- Remember the Good Ol’ Days! Nothing conjures up old memories like the music we lived them to. What tunes did you and your honey listen to back when things were hot and heavy? Nothing is more old school romantic like a mixed tape!! Bring it into the 21st century by downloading those old favorite make-out songs and making a playlist for your next evening together. (Where is that old Boyz II Men CD? Or maybe I’m feeling a little more Christina Aguilera? Rarrrrr!)
- Set Up the Transition. Clark Kent went into phone booths and came out as Superman. What do you need to do to transition from Mom-taking-care-of-everything to sexy-seductress? We all know you can’t just conjure up sexy on a moments notice so think about some steps to help you get there. Maybe it is just some quiet time alone or a nice scented bath. If you announce to your husband that you’d like 45 minutes of alone time to “get your sexy on”, you may find he’s very willing to clean up from dinner or do the kids’ bedtime routine. 🙂
- Too Pooped to Whoop? This was the title of my most popular post to date. Did you miss it? You can see it here.
- Ask and Ye Shall Receive. God is all about blessing sex within marriage. Add Him to your “Sexy Back” team. Pray your way through the hang ups, the distractions and the exhaustion. I will admit, I’ve called on the Lord a few nights when I knew my hubby needed some loving and my sexy had gone missing again. As Jesus said, “Seek and you shall find!”
“His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem” Song of Solomon 5:14 (New International Version)
Look girls! My man is H-O-T!!! And he’s all MINE! (Danielle’s 21st Century Paraphrase)
© 2012 – 2014, Danielle. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.