As I struggle with feeling underappreciated this week I had set my topic on fitness gifts for mom several weeks ago. I thought about all the cool gifts you could get moms that are fitness related. When I started to think about my list yesterday I felt that the best gift would be finding ways to appreciate moms like you, your mom, and me! Sometimes I feel like someone should just throw me a pity party. Could you image you come home and there are party banners everywhere and a cake that says “Happy Pity Party!”? I really don’t need pity; I really need a thank you and a meaningful hug. I have plenty of help from a loving and amazing husband but sometimes I need that acknowledgement; and not just because it’s mother’s day. So my number one gift for any mother is to love and acknowledge all the acts of service she does daily to keep her family moving and growing.
Other gift ideas with monetary value:
1. Water bottle- some many choices but I prefer the camelbak or one with a built in water filter ($)
2. Gal-pal- I saw this and thought how bad I really wanted one! The gal-pal removes deodorant off your clothing without using water. One their website they have the coolest retro ice bags. I’m so ordering one in the blue monkey print! ($)
3. Fitness watch or a heart rate monitor- you can spend a moderate amount on a nice watch or spend more and get a polar heart rate monitor with all the gadgets ($$)
4. Personal trainer- I work out at a hospital based fitness center and they have really cool personal training sessions available. You can get a lesson on the TRX suspension training or a private Pilates lesson on the reformer. Most gyms have a massage therapist too! ($$)
5. Sports lesson/spa service at resort- maybe you spend the day with mom at a local spa or resort. You can enjoy a lesson or spa service together, lunch, and some pool time. ($$$)
I appreciate all my readers and authors of FLT. I hope that everyone has a great Mother's Day!
be fit, have fun
© 2012 – 2014, A Sweet Guest. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.