Hello Fancy Little Friends!
Did you take part in our Pen Pal Exchange this month? What a fun, lil’ idea from our Aimee!! I was paired up with a new friend in Japan! Her name is Kassie and she is there rockin’ the military wife thing (I have such amazing respect for you ladies!). I couldn’t help but jump in for an extra post this week just to share the cool stuff she sent me from …all…the…way…across…the ocean!
Along with this cool stuff, Kassie sent me a nice note explaining her inspiration for each item she included:
- Japanese Home Shoes – I’ll be following Japanese tradition and putting these out for visitors. Perfect since I have big feet (far bigger than these!) and with dogs & kids, my floors are always messy! I love having shoes to offer girlfriends who come over to relax for coffee.
- Washi Tape!! And the real deal too! Straight from Japan!! She sent paper and lace!
- Ring Holders – The cones are decorated with washi tape and used for ring holders.
- Cool Erasers – My boys will love these!
- Handmade Paper – All in beautiful colors & textures!
- Umbrella Fabric – Kassie said this is to represent the typhoon that kept her from the post office for a few days. I love the colors and can’t wait to make “rainy day” bags with them and fill them with activites for the kids.
- Bag of Chips – They represent a specialty Japanese dish. Kassie says they are labeled spicy, but more sweet. I will be letting my husband try these first, because the pregnancy heart burn may keep me away.
- Gift Envelope – Even the beautiful blue envelope had a story. Kassie told me how in Japan they have gift-giving month where friends & family will exchange practical gifts, like even laundry detergent! Money is often given in these beautiful envelopes with no signature, because it would be rude to show how much you give.
Thank you so much Kassie for the box of amazing goodies!
© 2012, Danielle. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.