Enjoy the event and your work
- St. Patrick’s Day run. Everyone was dressed in green and many families came out to run together. Some people walked and others worked to achieve their personal record.
- The event was in Dunedin, a small Irish downtown in Florida. The town closes the streets and hosts a large event with food, beer, and music.
- The race was on the Pinellas Trail, a paved trail that runs through the entire county. It was an out and back race that started by a clock and chip timed when racers crossed the finish line.
- You can see that I started in the back, I knew that I would be slower so I wanted to give other racers a chance to run without have to pass me with my stroller. Other strollers were out there also.
- I love the pictures where you can see the large group racing out as fast as possible and me just slow and steady in the back. I felt relaxed at the back with more space and fresh air.
Finished in about 43 minutes!
Just looked up my official time: 43:16.1
- I was happy with my time because
- I had not been able to put in more or enough training time last 2 weeks
- I had to give time and energy to a sick boy then deal with me having the head and chest cold
- I had to fight through the fatigue and nausea from first trimester hormones; all I want to do is sleep 🙂
- Even though I had a rough two weeks between home and work I was able to make my event and finish!
Take some pictures or buy pictures after the event; and get started planning your next event!
Others with success:
Karissa Ann Baker: 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon all in 1 year!
Karissa is an amazing inspiration! She went from never running to running 13.1 miles in less one year. She started with a friend and a 5K in June. They challenged each other to train for a half marathon. They worked and trained; practiced with a 10K in December and signed up for the Disney Princess Half-Marathon in February. So in 8 months Karissa conquered more miles than most of my 5K races put together 🙂“And now I’m addicted I’m signed up for a 5K, a 10-miler, and another half-marathon – all before August!”
© 2013 – 2014, A Sweet Guest. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.