I take this business of creating memories very seriously when it comes to my grandchildren.
I want them to remember moments when I am gone and they look back at the times they spent with me. Some of these moments may never have a second glance, but i know smell, touch, taste can influence those memories.
- berry picking while waiting for dinner to cook 1 for you and 1 for me and we can just eat them because there is not enough to save for later.
- a walking date to the cemetery where we talk about the people that have died and end up playing hide and seek.
- eating ice cream at the beach and trying new flavors their favorite is now rainbow sherbert because that is nana’s favorite.
- saying “Ahhhh!” when playing go fish when I have to draw a card now seems to be a part of the rules because when they have to draw, “Ahhhh!” is the sound they make.
- reading my favorite books of children stories and making up new stories with the same pictures always get a smile. & even better when I add their mommy’s name or and uncle instead of the characters name.
Memories are what summer is all about and yes we have gone camping and swimming and picked flowers and made meals and ate ice cream on the porch and snuggled under the covers before its really time to wake up, but we have just began… and we still have 4 weeks to create some more moments before school starts and time draws short.
What kind of memories are you making this summer?
Julie ~~ aka: “nana”
Aimee’s mom. Proud mom to 4, grandmother to 2 amazing grandchildren. Residing in Western New York with my sweet family while running a small business that gives back to the community. A dreamer, a painter & an idea maker.
© 2013, Aimee. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.