Ah, marriage: the best way to turn an exciting and romantic relationship into something hum-drum, boring and predictable.
Um, NO. The last thing any marriage should be is boring and predictable!
Sure, it’s easy to fall into that rut. Once you’ve lived together with your spouse long enough it feels like you know each other so well there aren’t any more surprises. You know what to expect. The two of you have a routine and it works. Why change it up?
Here’s how I see it: some changes and surprises in marriage are fun! You’ll be spending the rest of your lives together–make it exciting. Make things interesting.
Start flirting again (and if you still are, don’t stop!).
People say dating is fun. You meet lots of people, they do nice things for you, and if it doesn’t work, you move on to the next person. That doesn’t sound like fun to me. There’s no security or commitment, no comfort like there is in a lasting relationship. And besides: I think married people have the most fun.
One of my favorite things about going on dates with my husband is the knowledge that we get to go home together… cuddle in bed together… ahem. You get the idea. And not only will he still be there in the morning, but we get to keep dating each other for the rest of our lives! How awesome is that?!?
My other favorite thing about dates with my husband is flirting! When we flirt it’s a sign that we like being seen together, and we like hinting at the fun to come when we get home.
I’m a firm believer in the power of flirting to add spice and excitement to marriage!
7 ways to flirt with your husband
- Leave notes where he’ll find them. Try his sock drawer, the bathroom mirror, his wallet, the car’s steering wheel, his briefcase, his lunch bag, etc. Write flirty notes or leave encouraging Bible verses.
- Send him a text or email. Do this during the workday to make him look forward to coming home to you! Even more fun, call himWhon the phone and say things to make him blush (unless this would make him mad).
- Play footsie under the table at restaurants. Also, sit on the same side of a booth so you can hold hands under the table.
- Wink at him across a room. He’ll love the fact that you have eyes only for him!
- Whisper things in his ear in public. Get as creative with this as you want! It could be something as simple as “I’m crazy about you” or as seductive as “guess what I’m wearing under my skirt.”
- Squeeze his rear when no one’s watching. Don’t be surprised if he squeezes back!
- One of my favorites: kiss in a grocery store aisle. I love doing this–it’s a great way to turn a very ordinary activity (grocery-shopping) into a fun outing with my sweetheart.
What are some ways you flirt with your husband?
© 2014 – 2019, Jaimie Ramsey. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.