It’s 14th January, and I don’t know about you, but the novelty of the new year is beginning to wear out for me. I started out this year wanting to be more intentional in every aspect of my life. But as the pace of life picks up, my good intentions start fading away. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
We can make a conscious effort to be more intentional every single day. Take marriage, for example… If I want to make my husband feel loved, I need to take plan and action – not just think about doing something. There are exactly 31 days till Valentine’s Day – a great way to have a month-long celebration to let your husband know how much he means to you.
Your husband is second in line, in your life after God. He will be with you long after the kids are married and your friends have drifted away. And that’s why you need to be intentional in nurturing your relationship with your husband. You may feel that you’re the only one giving and investing into the marriage, but it is not so.
A while back, I sent my husband an email listing out 15 things I loved about him. His expression when he came back home that day was priceless. My simple act had touched him deeply and his reaction is a memory I’ll treasure for life. Every time you give, you also receive something in return. And the memories of those simple joys is what will sustain you when your marriage goes through a rough patch. I can vouch for that!
Below are 31 ways to show your husband you love him. Pick out one task to do each day until Valentine’s Day and I assure you it would be the best celebration of your love.
- Pray a blessing over him.
- Cook him his favorite meal.
- Arrange for a friend or family member to take care of the kids and plan a weekend getaway.
- Present him with a gift card to his favorite store.
- Watch his favorite game (or a re-run of it) with him.
- Put on something special (for his eyes only!)
- Do something he’s asked you, that you’ve been putting off.
- Give him a massage.
- Tell him what you love about him.
- Kiss him for a full minute in the middle of the day.
- Hide a love note in his sock drawer.
- Flirt with him.
- Take him out for a special date.
- Bedazzle your bedroom with candles and rose petals.
- Brag about him to others in his presence.
- Give him an evening off to go out with his friends.
- Mail him a card.
- Leave a love message for him on the mirror.
- Serve him breakfast in bed.
- Greet him at the door with a kiss.
- Make/Order a fancy dessert and have it with him after the kids are in bed.
- Surprise him with something he’d always been wanting to buy.
- Send him a love text at noon.
- Clear out a few hours of your day to do anything he pleases with him.
- Tell your kids why your husband is a good man.
- Tell him how good he looks.
- Ask him what you can do for him that day.
- Tell him what a good father he is.
- Go for a drive together.
- Tell him you are proud to be his wife.
- Look into his eyes and repeat your wedding vows to him.
What other things can you do to show your husband how much you love him? Share with us in the comments below!
© 2014, Sunu Philip. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.