Is it spring where you are? It’s supposed to be where I am, but it snowed not far from my house today, so I’m about ready to throw things. I had to turn the heat on this morning! I can’t even…
Aimee’s post last week about spring fashion must-haves got me thinking. I am a big fan of neutral colors on my finger nails. I love to pamper myself with a DIY manicure, but I can’t do it as often as I would like, and I haven’t found the magic trick to making them last more than a week. Basically I need something that can get all chipped and destroyed and not be noticeable from more than a few feet away.
Here are my favorites:
1. Revlon Gray Suede- This one is so simple. Low shine but just a tiny bit of shimmer.
2. Revlon Creme Brulee- This is like Gray Suede’s fancy cousin. It shimmers in golds, and silvers and pinks and is lots of fun while still staying neutral.
3. Essie BFF Best Boyfriend- This is a soft, sweet pink. It has almost an opal finish to it as is gorgeous!
4. Essie Penny Talk- I visit this nail polish a lot at Target. Yes, visit. I have a cheaper polish that looks almost exactly like it, but it chips in, like, a day. I need to just break down and buy this one. It’s somewhere between gold and copper with a metallic finish. So pretty!
5. OPI Glitzerland- This one is more like antique gold. Almost champagne. Sparkly, but not glittery. Does that even make sense? Little sparkles, not big pieces of glitter! 🙂
6. OPI Bubble Bath- This one is on my nails right now! And it’s chipped and a disaster, but it meets the 3 foot rule, so it’s all good. Honestly, though, 2 coats of this stuff lasted well over a week without a chip. It’s a perfect, soft pink. No shimmer, just color. Love!
Go grab yourself 1 or all of these. I promise you will love them! What’s not to love about low maintenance nails?
© 2014, Heather Long. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.