It’s October (seriously??), which means it’s time to start thinking about costumes! Now, if you’re anything like me, you’ve had an idea for months (or rather, your 4 year old has), but you’re not actually going to get started on said costume for at least 2 more weeks. What? Just me?
Or maybe you want all the cuteness of a homemade costume, but don’t think you have the skill or know-how to make one on your own.
Or maybe you just don’t want to spend some crazy amount on a polyester costume that’s going to fall apart soon anyway! (again…just me?)
We’ve rounded up some of the best simple DIY costume ideas we could find to fix all of those problems!
1. Sam I Am | Does it get any easier than starting with a t-shirt? I think not. This Sam I Am costume from It’s Always Autumn is adorable! I love sewing costumes and toys with felt. You know why? No hemming! Just cut and go! So easy!
2. Sushi | Here’s another easy felt costume. This sushi onesie from Kz and Me is just too stinkin’ cute. It doesn’t have to be for a baby either. You could make it out of a t-shirt in any size you want!
3. Snail | You know what’s even easier than felt? Paper. Yep, most of this snail costume from Oh Happy Day is made almost entirely out of paper! I think its fantastic!
4. Dinosaur Tail | Ok, I think I’ve had this dino tail tutorial from Running With Scissors pinned forever, and I love it every time I see it! It’s the most ambitious costume on our list, but it’s totally doable, even for a beginner.
5. Doughnut | You guys. I am seriously impressed by this doughnut costume from DIY Studio! It’s all paint and glue! How fun would it be to do a whole group of them? I love it.
© 2013 – 2019, Heather Long. All rights reserved. Love it? Please share, pin, tweet or email but do not use my work without permission.